Re: An inquiry about Mathematics courses and Braille

I appreciate the advice given here, but it seems like we have an error in communication. I am still in high school. I will take Physics C and Calc BC in high school. The tests will not be graded by my teachers, rather, sent off to some automated center for the MCQ (multiple choice questions) and graded by human graders with rubrics that literally say "Add 1 point for using an integral function." "add 1 point only if the curve on the graph reflects the ratio of acceleration to time." It's very specific. Even if they see something like int(a, b, function), and even if they know that it probably means integral, the key word here is probably. I also, like I said, have no clew on if they would require me to draw a graph. The day to day lessons I have no issues with, I commonly use shorthand do to being restricted to braille (my Braillesense conveniently doesn't support Nemyth even if it was advertised by Hims), but I have no powers of negotiation with the college board. It's like the SAT but worse if anyone remembers that.
I suppose I could just take the course, but then I'd just have to sit through Calculous my freshmen year in college and be bored out of my mind... again. Not that I am complaining, okay I am, but I would hate to be locked out of an opportunity to get ahead only because I'm blind and cannot conform to the sheer idiocy of the rules.
I don't actually have an account on Wickipedia, guess it's time to make one. That wouldn't solve my high school issues, though, College Board currently has not approved me using a laptop for their exams. Even if they do, there comes that tiny concern of how would they do math (if it's anything like the SAT, it's going to be in a word file). So, it's probably going to work with NVDA? Probably? It always seems to go wrong though, so who knows.
@camlorn, mind expanding on the Draftsman, its uses, limitations, etc?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector