Re: An inquiry about Mathematics courses and Braille

I mean, look at this the other way.  The reason we all thought you were in college is that most high school students don't take Calculus in high school, at least in America (which is where I assume you are).  SO even if this fails utterly you're already ahead of most.  You can probably make all of this work out, at least for the math stuff, though idk about coding in braille.  You've probably got access to people who know the Nemeth you need to learn, so it is likely at least practical.

The Draftsman is amazing.  The only downside is that the paper is expensive and not reusable.  Something like $7 for 25 sheets, so not terrible, but you won't want to waste it.  You set it up and draw on it with the stylus that comes with it or even a regular pencil, and raised lines happen.  It's enough that I was graphing trigonometry homework in high school as fast as sighted students.  It doesn't do the weird "actually the graph is on the other side of the paper and you can't see it until you're done" thing.  The graphs are more durable than braille, while being about the same quality.  They feel a little bit like those plastic graphs from textbooks.  I've used it for calculus stuff, physics stuff, all sorts of things.  I discovered it because the high school was using it to teach other students handwriting.  It's even sensitive to pressure, in the sense that if you press lightly you get lighter/thinner lines, so you can literally even shade with it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amerikranian via Audiogames-reflector