Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

@Camlorn, in my experience people can definitely be convinced into atheism. It happened to me and to some other people I know as well. I do agree that you probably do need to be a particular kind of person though, I'm not exactly sure how to describe it but I suppose something like the kind of person who actually consider what people say and reflect on it even if it clashes what you think is true. Growing up I did have questions and things that didn't make sense about my religious beliefs, but I didn't really start rejecting them until much later, and it was definitely because of counterpoints that made sense to me on the internet. So I guess it's maybe not the same as someone convincing you because I looked for it myself, and it obviously wasn't a quick process, there wasn't just a sudden epiphany and bang I'm an atheist. It started with am I sure this particular form of christianity really has the right idea, then progressed to is christianity really any different than the other religions that claim that there is a god while still thinking there probably is some kind of ultimate creator, to realising there's no reason to think that there should be and that it's actually a pretty weird concept to think the universe couldn't just have come to exist without a creator but somehow an all-powerful being that can create universes can just be there with no question as to its origin. And this happened over the span of a few years. I was only really atheist by maybe the end of high school. Obviously noone is going to change their worldview after one single discussion, but for some people a bunch of them over time can slowly help reality set in.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danang137 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector