Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

@57, I didn't know the scientific method was that new. But my point is that science has hundreds to thousands of years of knowledge and experimentation backing pretty much everything. There are some purely theoretical things, like theories about time, but the majority of knowledge has been proven. Granted, science is just a ton of theories if you break it down to its constituents, but the theories it has have been tested over and over and have been proven time and time again. You can't apply the same thing to religion, and I personally choose to believe in something that lets me prove pretty much anything if I wish to and I have the required knowledge instead of something that's purely based on what a book and some people say.