Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

Meh, I don't get why people are trying to excuse this. Apparently 3 people were banned at once, then he's like 3 out of 3K big deal. I take bans very lightly. I don't think anyone is arguing the fact he can run his game however he likes, but I don't understand why people are standing for it. No, they may not be able to change it, but they can just not play.

And him being a chill admin is kind of a problem if he's like all cool and calm one minute, and on the warpath the next. How are you supposed to know how to stay off his shit list then.

I'm not angry about it anymore, but it sucks because I lost a game that I really really enjoyed.

Another thing, is this Reddit where it's one minor thing and you're done? Like OK I guess, but that kind of sucks. Also, I don't get the big deal about Ishtaar talking about chopping up a virtual dog. Like yeah, if I thought he meant it for real, sure. I even used that as part of the reason to justify attacking him, but there was more going on there than just that. It also would have been possible to say that from here on out, talking about that sort of thing is not permitted. But he keeps on saying he doesn't want to or doesn't have the time to police language, so..... I mean. you can't have it both ways.

I also don't care how more or less shitty he is compared to other admins. He did a shitty thing and is acting in unpredictable ways. That's enough to keep me off the game. If you're fine with it, go play, but I'm not going to be taken in by any comparisons about how other admins act. Also, just so you know, this is the one and only time something like this has happen in the oh hell, probably 75 or so MUDs I've played on. Not to say that there aren't more staff problems out there, just that I've not encountered them and I don't have a history of looking to smear the name of MUDs and tarnish their reputations.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector