Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

I mostly use Syri for sending quick text messages, often when I'm just around the house so privacy isn't too much of a concern there, it's not something I'd want to write off completely.

iCloud drive is a new feature in iOS 8 and yosemite which effectively makes your iCloud storage space act like a drive, as Sebbie says in a similar manner to dropbox, so it's like having a constantly connected USB drive.

As for XP, the problems there are lack of support for newer technologies and lack of security updates regardless of the interface changes MS loves pushing on us all. Support for serial ata hard drives in XP requires additional drivers which is quite the cludge since it makes reinstalling should it ever be necessary a bit of a nightmare, and new hard drives are serial ata as standard nowadays. I'm also not certain about XP and support for USB 3, as well as newer wifi technologies. Most of all though your browser is vulnerable, and in ways a ntivirus or firewall software can't necessarily help with. I made the move to 7 rather reluctantly and over time I've actually come to like the new start menu, the integrated search function was irritating at first but I slowly learned to appreciate it.

If you're at all concerned with privacy or security, including any personal or financial information you enter into web sites, XP is just a losing proposition.