Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

I agree with what you say about the interface, however I disagree on file organization and compatibility, sinse a lot of fixes existed for xp, and hay I have some dos programs from the 70's and 80's that still work fine under xp.

Frankly, microsoft shouldn't have changed the file configurations, much less stopped fsupport for all those things they pushed five or so years ago like vb6 and managed direct X, just made essentially an improved xp with support for whatever newer and supposedly better components appeared later, although again my problem is I would only consider something "better" if it actually does something of some practical use, ie it helps me do something I can't do on xp. Far too many people (microsoft included), only talk about xp windows in general superlatives, it's more this, has more of that, or faster the other, rather than actually anything real.

I've not really bothered about "performance improvements " sinse running some security fixes xp performs fine, so what's the problem? and while security is an issue, as I said I don't the huge looming bug bear that microsoft are making it out to be in order to sell their new crap, and would it really! be so hard for them to carry on support for xp anyway? come on microsoft are the richest company in the world!

It's a worrying trend not just in information technology but in pretty much all areas of commerce these days, rather than acknolidging that the customer is always right and the retailer must satisfy what the customer wants in order to make money, now the customer is just a cash machine and will accept the one and only one choice that the almighty company gives them. It's a serious move in the direction of huxley's brave new world, a totalitarian form of capitalism with the ultimate economy, and is over all very depressing.

So bottom line, Microsoft make something I! want or they can kiss m y proverbial rear end!