Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

@Sebby, yes, i am a luddite and hate all this modern technology:D. Really,, just because I don't have any interest in playing with technology for it's own sake and see little practical bennifit in modern windows doesn't mean I'm some sort of caveman, I just believe an upgrade should do more than the previous version, not just have a less convenient interface and buggered compatibility. Frankly if microsoft had done their job properly as they eventually did with the upgrade from 9x to xp there wouldn't be an issue.

I can see the point of the intigration when it comes to things like operating your mac with your Iphone or Ipad, but a lot of the transfer stuff just doesn't make sense to me when it could be done just with a usb stick and propper indexing by files and folders, (particularly for media but also for documents), heck in terms of intigration my victor is actually far better than the Iphone ever was sinse I can just stick stuff where I like , navigate and play it as I wish. I'm also not exactly sure what you mean about Icloud, sinse on an Iphone at least you can only use the drive system with authorized aps, meaning you don't have a file system, just various aps uploading their documents, data, media etc to the cloud, rather than being able to organize stuff yourself, though i confess sinse I've abandoned Itunes and haven't really looked seriously into document handling or word processing on an Iphone it's not something I've spent huge amounts of time over.

I have however used the Icloud for backing up all my phone data, which i'm pleased about sinse it means that I do not need Itunes anymore, but if i did buy a new Iphone in the future (which I will when it is worth me doing so), there won't be a problem missing all my contacts, aps etc.

Regarding Siri, while I have all my aps layed out in as close to a folder structure as possible (although I do find the drag and drop interface for folder creation rather annoying and hit and miss), I do find Siri useful for that sort of thing, I also like it for phoning specific people when  i can't be bothered to go through my huge contacts list. Regarding privacy, I don't mind saying "phone my brother" or "phone caroline" in public sinse people wouldn't necessarily know who either of them was, heck you get as much info from overhearing any phone conversation in public, but I'd not want to give a full name.

The only problem with Siri is spotty net coverage, and also occasionally noisy environments, though i have used it on the bus before, albeit not a very crowded bus.

@Cx2, with batteries I've also noticed if your travelling in a car battery life can go quickly. I was playing mecha ace (one of the choiceofgames titles), on a lng car journey and was quite amazed how much battery got used up, indeed sinse the journey was nearly four hours I ran the phone down to about 20 percent. That being said, I forgot to switch to aeroplane mode on the way so likely the 3G signal was taking up a good amount. I therefore would certainly be interested in more battery life on another model, though as I said whether it justifies the cost I am not sure.