Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

First up VB6 is around 15 years old now, it's perfectly possible to upgrade software to newer versions of VB but many audio games have simply been left languishing without support and David Greenwood is frustratingly stubborn in his clinging to VB6. That being said I don't see why MS couldn't simply release older systems like Windows 98 for free "as is" without warranty for the purposes of virtualisation, it's not like they're making any money from it and it's completely unsuitable for modern systems in any case. Also just as a note many of the older games released on modern consoles aren't emulated, they've been ported which means the consoles aren't backward compatible they were just modified to run on a modern console and as you state they charge for this, I previously got the impression you expected this for free so I apologise if I misunderstood.

Regarding updates in general, I seriously agree they shouldn't fo rce the new interfaces down our throats and I appreciate that OS X hasn't done that. Again I got the impression you expected an updated version of XP for free from comments referring to the amount of money Microsoft has, frankly for me the ideal situation would have been if they maintained the same interface between editions so that for example Vista was an evolution of XP not a redesign and it focussed mostly on practical features not "Look how shiny this shiny new interface is, look at all the shiny buttons, did I mention it's shiny?" Some software companies, and Microsoft are the chief culprit here, try too hard to create a revolution with every new version and fall flat instead of going for the slow and reliable evolution.

In fact that was why I originally bought my Mac, however between hardware pricing and various other primarily hardware factors I've been put off buying a replacement so I'm sticking with Mountain Lion which is now two versio ns out of date, but I don't do anything of consequence with it anyway. For me the irritation of Windows and its continual redesigns were outweighed by the hardware support and security, I'm still running 7 and I don't have any plans to rush into Windows 10, in fact I'm very wary of it, but for me the negatives of Windows 7 even as an unknown before I first used it were outweighed by the negatives for XP. It doesn't say much when it's the negatives you focus on when choosing a product rather than the positives but that's where I am at the moment.

If you're happy with the risk of someone obtaining your credit card information and/or stealing your identity then that's of course your right. I know there is a balancing act between security and practicality, however for me learning a new way of using an operating system was only a temporary transition after which it's just as practical as XP, but we are all entitled to find our own w ay. Just know that  if Microsoft doesn't mend its ways I'll be right there in the lynch mob with everyone else.