Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

Dark, if I were Microsoft, here's what I'd do: sell the same thing over and over and over again, only making slight refinements to make it better and more useful, speedier, more secure, etc. I would obsolete versions of Windows aggressively, on a fixed schedule, and make upgrading from version to version easier.

Here's the problem: no bugger would buy it. Not only would they do as you are doing now, resenting my obsolescence strategy for your own good, but they in most cases simply could not see the point of the upgrades.

So the answer to your first question is: because no bugger would buy it.

Honestly, I understand what you're saying completely, and M$ have a history of getting it wrong, but really, the way to look at this is to question why people aren't upgrading for the right reasons. Microsoft wants to sell you something new and shiny, while you're persistently sitting on the sidelines, neglecting what they have to offer. Eventu ally that game has to come to an end: either pay up, or you lose your old software. It's a dirty world, and between Microsoft and its lawyers and apologists, and the general public, there is simply no way for MS to continue offering support for the kind of software you want to run. I wish it did, but it doesn't. Somehow, even the glorious Snow Leopard rebirth seems unlikely; the whole industry seems fixated on rapid development, bad QA, and catering to the shiniest common denominator (SCD). big_smile

As for screen layout, I think you should try OS X at least until you learn how VO cursor navigation works. You may find it liberating. For example, I now understand the iTunes layout, rather than just what any particular section of it looks like while I'm interacting with it, which is always the consequence of using tab-arrow key navigation for everything. I'll miss that aspect when I'm back on Windows full time; no doubt about it. I agree that minimalism is a nice thing to have, but shortcuts are universally appreciated, so as long as you know where you are, it should be possible to use those to avoid navigating around.

For a browser: you might consider Chrome and ChromeVox. Although, with your memory situation, I'm not entirely sure how that would pan out. You would also need to learn a new browser, again.