Re: The top games of all time

Dark, while I can understand how frustrating it looks to have to go through so many so-called shinanigans, I think part of it is also that you like to stick with what you're comfortable with, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But i don't think it's as complicated as you make it out to be... especially since not even every piece of software is required. But I also think that you don't realize just how much dialog there are in these games... translating is not an easy job, especially with a language like Japanese where nuances and details matter so much. you need at least two or three people who have a decent knowledge of both languages, and I don't know how many of them are on these boards, and those who have a decent knowledge of both Japanese and English probably won't care enough to put the time into it, since they can manage well with the Japanese. The Bokurano Daibouken 2 translation project that started a couple years ago had about six pe ople on it, including Yukio, and we only have the menus and the tutorial translated. Translations for sighted indie graphical games exist, yeah, but you also have to bare in mind how many more people probably would be working on those translations than we have.

Having said all that, I do agree that more people would play these if they were translated, and I'd love to see at least one game translated. But I can't do it alone... there haven't been all that many people willing to volunteer and help translate these things. But if anyone is willing, and knows enough to feel confident translating from Japanese to english, then I'd love to hear about it... because then hopefully we can spread these games to the west outside of their nich fanbase, though to be honest this is something very similar to the base of people who buy imported games. Also dark, I'm not quite sure how much more extensive the tools are to making japanese games... from what I've rea d, they wouldn't be any different from using any tools that developers have in the west.