Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

@jayde
Well, in a sense you're in luck, as it's available on Steam.  Though much maligned, it is usable, with a small amount of initial sighted assistance to disable steam guard (an overkill security feature the last time I remember seeing it).

You could always get the game on steam, or even use an external cd/dvd drive (if those things are even still available.)

As for trying out a controller, maybe go to your local game store and see if they have an xbox one on display.  Even if you can't play a fighting game like KI (believe me, I tried to ask in my local one and they refused), you'll still be able to have a look at the controller.  360 ones I'm not so sure about though you can pick one up for fairly cheap prices depending on where you look.

As for the SF/anime argument, I agree - although the punches and things all sound relatively similar - lights and heavys sounding different of course, the grunts and other vocal isations are very much on the over dramatic side.  The only two examples I can pull out of thin air from recent MK history that have almost, unintentionally parodied this trend are Kenshi and Scarlet, as their vocalisations are rather two long at times (subjectively of course).

Best of luck finding a controller, once you get your hands on one you like, let us know your thoughts.