Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

Let me just clarify a few things:
1. When I say "compete toe to toe" I'm talking top tier. I know full well that the blind can play MK games fairly well. But remember the kamidogu (sp) in Deception? We didn't have a reference of where they were, and without using them Oonaga is a beast of truly epic proportions. Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon used a much more 3D sort of environment where essentially players rotated around a fixed point, but said fixed point would gradually move. It looks like MK 9 and MK X have gone back to a more 2D approach where you can't strafe, so to speak, which is good. All I'm really trying to say here is that a blind player has absolutely no chance against a top-tier sighted opponent; they're going to know exactly where and when stuff is, and we aren't. Probably won't stop us getting a good chunk of gameplay...I'm just hoping that the AI isn't such that one or two mistakes on easier di fficulties will translate to quick and messy deaths.
2. I have Windows 8.1, so I guess the PS3 controller is out. That's a royal pain.
3. I didn't notice a different sound when players used different variations, but maybe it does exist, or maybe their accessibility option - assuming they have one - will include this. The reason I mentioned variations as a hangup is that not knowing which variation your opponent has - especially in, say, arcade ladder when you don't actually know which opponent you have - throws yet another wild card into the mix. You not only don't know who you have, but you don't know what version you have until they attack. Advantage: other guy. And if other guy happens to run up close and rip you apart with a high-damage combo before you're prepared? Or if he happens to set a trap, power up or otherwise improve his odds before you can properly react? Well, yes, this can happen in other MK games to an extent, but I guess tim e will tell how much it'll matter, particularly against the AI, when this game comes out.
Again, I'm not trying to be overly negative about this. I frankly like the tightening-up of the sound effects I've heard thus far, and things look interesting with all the new characters and moves and whatnot.
Oh, speaking of. Did any of you notice the hilarious overlook in MK 9? I believe it's Jade who has a fatality where the absolute wrong death-scream is played. I could be mistaken on who it is, but it's definitely a female, and no matter who you do the fatality on, it always plays the scream of the winner, not the victim. Let's just say I was floored when I heard Nightwolf utter Jade's death-scream. I really don't know how such a big oversight made it past quality testing.