Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

I wish I could play with an X360 or X-One controller to see how they work and where the buttons are placed. The one or two times I've seen one, I remember feeling like it was clunky, but that could be purely because I was unused to it or because my memory is awful.
I'm not necessarily stuck on a fight that sounds brutal, but I feel like SF's screams/shouts/voices in general are quite a bit over the top. Sounds like anime, as I said. I went and listened to a few SF videos last night and reconfirmed this. Aside from the obvious addition of extra boom and crunch when you hit stuff, MK sounds at least semi-real when characters are kicking and punching each other. Special moves? Well, they're special moves, and on both the SF and MK front, what can you do? The games aren't 100% realistic and that's not a strike against either one of them. So it's not so much that I -do want gore, it's that I -don't want overdone voices and grunts and ye lls that sound like they were taken out of a bad anime. Personal preference only here; I'm not rating one fighting game against the other.

Haha, I just realized something silly. I so rarely even think of this sort of thing that perhaps I can be forgiven for the oversight. My computer...doesn't have a CD/DVD drive installed in it. Looks like that's me completely out of luck, unless the PC version is a downloadable, which I strongly doubt. Ah well.