Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

When I looked to use the PS3 controller with windows 8, the only solution I could find was to use a frankly very dodgy-looking piece of software, by the name of MotioninJoy, if memory serves.  People reported bugs, issues and all manner of other annoyances and harmful things happening to their computers, so if that's still the case I wouldn't even touch it with a barge pole.  Such warnings are given in articles like
this one from PCMag

As for the PS4 controller, as far as I'm aware, it provides only "basic functionality".  I know
this article
was published in the pre-launch era of the console, but I believe it still holds true.

I'm not trying to be biased, just t rying to keep important things like how much you'll get out of the controller in mind.  For example, the vibration on the Xbox One controller works with Mortal Kombat 9 on PC and responds well, the DPad is superior to the 360 one (unless you get a wired one where your milage may vary).

Basically what it comes down to from a subjective point of view is this:
If you want your controller to work automatically out of the box, or at least with as little tinkering as possible, I'd say go for Xbox 360 or Xbox One controllers.  You will have everything you're going to need to play the game and no truely (or at least minimal) redundant features.

Also please be aware that I'm not an expert on controllers, but as I've been trying to decide for a while onthe console front, my research turned to the PC side of things.

Hope this information helps.