cbemoore wrote:
Still on the subject of dBu.....

My power amp has a power-save function. If the input signal is less
that -74dBu, the power amp will automatically switch off after 5 mins.
If it detects a signal louder than -74dBu, it will automatically turn
back on.

My problem is that when I connect the SB2 directly to the power amp,
the power amp never turns off. This would seem to indicate that even
when the SB2 is turned off, its noise floor is louder than -74dBu.

Is this to be expected, or do I have a duff unit?

Sean can probably answer this better but 74dBu is approx. 150uV rms, i.e. not much so it's possible that there may be some residual noise that is keeping your amp switched on.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,