On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 16:28 -0800, bludragon wrote:
> pfarrell Wrote:
> > So you should expect it to sound as good as
> > a $1000 or more 'audiophile' CD player.

> I think that's pretty optimistic, unless living in the US means you
> have to suffer some really bad 'audiophile' equipment, or you're
> comparing it to something designed well over 5 years old.

More a comment on my lack of confidence in
the whole concept of audiophile CD players.

All of the transports on things less than insanely
priced, are PC parts. The internal DACs are all
from the usual players.

I can almost understand audiophile turntables and carts,
but CDs are commodities.

Then again, I never understood $500 interconnects.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html