CardinalFang Wrote:
> I read in the article that since the sound data is extracted via
> computer onto hard disk and because computers need bit-perfect data, we
> are getting a more acccurate experience than a CD player that
> error-corrects and filters data on-the-fly.
Your argument seems to be based on the assumption that CDs are rarely
read correctly, and error concealment is required most of the time.
This assumption is incorrect. The audio CD format is surprisingly
robust. Undamaged CDs played on correctly functioning audio players
deliver a 100% perfect data stream in the vast majority of cases. The
error correction that CDs players constantly apply is just that: error
*correction*. (By the way, hard disks also rely on error correction).

--
cliveb