Thanks very much for the list of corrupt CDs.  It made very interesting
reading. I found a couple of disks on there that EAC was struggling
with when extracting using my LG DVD Rom (Beatles, Let it be Naked and
Pink, Try this).

However I did find that my NEC DVD Writer combined with EAC managed to
get a clean read.  One odd thing to note was that the error buffer
would fill one line and then clear every few seconds (a very regular
pattern).  This was presumably the injected junk being sorted out by
EAC's error correction.

Suffice to say that the final rips of these albums sound fine....BUT
error correction is never going to be the same as raw data.  In the end
I have rips that at least sound as good as my CD Player could manage.
I'm starting to feel short changed though.....

--
Browny