cvj Wrote:
> I found an Elpac regulated power supply on Ebay for $8.- with free
> shipping. The seller has 3 mora available, if you are interested...
>
> The wall wart is mentioned in the audiophiles tread on this forum as a
> replacement for the shipped psu with the SB3.
>
> Search for "External Regulated 115 VAC Power Supply - Free Shipping" on
> Ebay. It is also listed as item no 7575133423
>
> I just ordered mine...but won't get my SB3 for another 10 days or
> so...so I can't make any claims re improvements on my setup... but
> again look through the a.m. thread for comments.
>
> Cheers!

This supply is NOT SUITABLE for use with an SB3 as it is rated at
1.5amps - the SB3 supply should be at least 2 amps, preferably 3amps
for reliable operation.

I have measured my SB3 as drawing 1.3 amps using the digital outs, WiFi
off, so could be more with headphones, wireless, analogue out, display
options or temperature change (I have not measured these). Not much
headroom if you are using a 1.5amp supply!

Probably better off sticking with the original switching supply rather
than risking causing damage to the SB3 with one of these. If it fails
it could also destroy the SB3 and I doubt Slim Devices will be
particularly sympathetic to your plight.

If you are determined to use one make sure it has plenty of ventilation
and check regularly for overheating. It should get no hotter than the
stock SB3 supply if you need a benchmark.

--
Heuer