Heuer Wrote:
> This supply is NOT SUITABLE for use with an SB3 as it is rated at
> 1.5amps - the SB3 supply should be at least 2 amps, preferably 3amps
> for reliable operation.

I don't believe this is correct.  Even on the Slimdevices home page re
SB3 specs... http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_specs.html
it states 1000mA as the minimum power supply rating.

I have been using the Elpac PSU with both my SB2 (wireless) and SB3
(wired) without problems.

Now, one can certainly argue as to whether it actually IMPROVES
fidelity, which IMHO, I believe it does.  However, I am waiting for my
Benchmark DAC1 to arrive before conducting head to head comparisons.

--
sleepysurf

squeezebox2 (with elpac wm075-1950-760 linear psu) direct to amp, 300gb
buffalo linkstation (remote flac audio file storage), sunfire cinema
grand 200 ~five (vertically bi-amped) driving martin-logan aerius i's,
blue jeans cables.

'Click to see pix of my system'
(http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=732)