I got the Dayton 10" today, and put it together. I must be lame, because
it took me a few hours. Figuring out the spikes took about 30 minutes.
Installing amp took at least 30 minutes, because the damn thing didn't
mount completely flush. I finally settled for it not being perfect, but
it is securely screwed down, and I put some silicone sealant to make
sure no air leaks out. Cutting and placing the acoustic foam took
another 30 minutes or so, but that was kind of fun! The instructions
say to spray adhesive on the foam backing, but I didn't bother. It was
snug enough, that I'm sure the foam won't be flopping around in there.
Next, I mounted the driver, which is one serious S.O.B. It feels like a
lead weight, which actually makes me confident that I made the right
decision. Well, that was it. I'll be breaking it in over the next week
in my home theater system to loosen it up, before I move it to my
dedicated stereo setup. I must say that my first impressions are that
it is well made, and feels like it should sound good, if that makes
sense. Stay tuned...

|Filename: dayton1.jpg                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=800|

ezkcdude