opaqueice Wrote:
> This doesn't make sense to me - what's the point of the buffer if the CD
> can't be re-read?  In that case if the buffer held 10 seconds of music,
> you'd simply hear the skip 10 seconds after your car went over a bump
> rather than in real time.

The anti-skip buffers in CD walkmans *do* allow the CD to be re-read.
But as I pointed out in an earlier reply, those are not the buffers I
was talking about.

opaqueice Wrote:
> I'm still wondering (see my earlier post in this thread) whether fancy
> DACs such as the Benchmark really solve the problem with source jitter,
> and if so how.
I don't know how the Lavry does it, but the Benchmark uses asynchronous
sample rate conversion so that the jitter present in the output is
entirely down to the accuracy of its own internal clock.

--
cliveb