Phil Leigh Wrote:
> Oh no - I am very clear about symmetry vs. phase vs. polarity...I'm
> rather afraid it's you that is confused...
>

> Please stop irrationally attacking my posts - and me personally -  and
> please answer my question: which recordings show a clear
> polarity/listening pleasure correlation in your opinion - I'm trying to
> reproduce what you're hearing but I have no baseline...
>
> Or has one of your long-held beliefs (i.e. the "truth" of absolute
> phase) been shaken?
>
> I've spent over 25 years in studios on both sides of the desk. I know
> what sounds good and what doesn't (IMHO). I also know that my home
> equipment is easily capable of resolving what I hear in the studio and
> have first generation "masters" that I use as a reference to test this
> assertion more or less daily.
>
> Your posts are getting increasingly frustrating. I'm trying to get to
> the bottom of an apparent mystery. You are not exactly helping.
>
> Changing tack...
> Yes, a sine wave sounds (very) different as you move around the room -
> you encounter different interference patterns caused by the mixing of
> direct and indirect (reflected) sound which manifests itself as varying
> levels of cancellations/reinforcements at differents physical
> locations.
>
> Thankfully music comprises few sine waves :o)...(or lots depending on
> your viewpoint...)

Well what can I say?

Most studio mixed stuff doesn't sound good.
A technichian who doesn't care about polarity...
There is probably a reason you can't hear it then..

I can't help you if you can't hear it. It is a simple as that. (Try
reading my other posts where I did try to give some tips.)

--
P Floding