CardinalFang Wrote:
> I think there is a general problem with bulletin boards in that the
> majority of the message is always missing - the facial expressions, the
> tone of voice and the inbuilt politeness that most people have. This one
> is better than most, people do apologise if they believe they have
> offended someone. I've had some disagreements where people really just
> couldn't see my point, probably because I wasn't explaining it well,
> but I looked  forwards to the replies because it was a good "pub"
> debate.
>
> It would be a shame if heavy handed moderation started, I would give up
> for one. The whole point of the product is community and shared vision
> and part of that is debate, sometimes heated. Without that, it's just
> another commercial product and therefore I personally would be much
> more critical of the product's shortcomings. Without this board, I
> would never have bought a SB and I would probably have also returned it
> given the number of minor niggles that I suffered getting it to run
> well.
>
> The odd thing about this whole thread to me is the perceived need to
> shut it down, so many people were trying to help, some went off on a
> few crusades and cracked a few jokes that probably belong on the
> private message system, but most wanted the poor guy to enjoy his
> purchase and it was a good thread in my view.

Quite - well said.

I for one wasn't aware that "humour" was verboten on this forum.
Clearly it is. Whoever dictated that "audiophiles" were a bunch of sad
geeks that need to get a life...?

I think that the majority of posters on this thread were indeed trying
to help. In fact, we were also exploring some important issues (like
the sonic impact of jitter).

Of course, if SD want this to be simply an advertising hoarding that's
fine - it is their forum. I'm not going to post again if this forum is
going to be moderated on philosophical grounds. No problem with the
excising of bad language, rudeness etc. That's fine.
I'll just enjoy my (superb) SB's in peace.

Maybe this forum should be split into Audiophiles (engineers with no
sense of humour) and Audiophiles (lovers of music and high quality
sound). One can always subscribe to both...
Ciao,
Phil

--
Phil Leigh