jonheal Wrote:
> A week ago, the Squeezebox was the cat's meow. Now, it's the ugly
> stepchild. Funny what a difference a week makes!
>
> ;-)

Well, sort of... :-)

I've always maintained on this forum that while I have enjoyed the
performance of the SB2 (I don't have an SB3 yet), it still had room for
improvement as it did not match the sound quality of my reference
transport (Oracle CD1000) or previous reference transport (modded Sony
S7700).  I used my SB2 mostly for casual listening and for playlists
when we had guests at the house.

The Transporter looks like it has a very good chance on getting much
closer to my reference transports, and offers a lot of other features I
have really been wishing for (eg. digital-in, balanced/XLR digital-out),
which is why my eyes grew big when I saw it announced...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.
http://www.sonicspirits.com