Phil,

You can read white papers and get technical specs on the Lavry site.
For that matter, you can post to the Lavry forum and get an answer from
Dan (or just email him privately).  The thing is, if the DAC has enough
RAM to "buffer" the incoming signal and then de-jittters, then it
works.  The Lavry is the darling of mastering studio users...as was,
and is, the Lavry Blue (which is the same thing, essentially, but in a
large and expandable rack mount version).

--
highdudgeon

SB3->Lavry DA10->Nuforce 9.02s->Harbeth Monitor 30s/Skylan stands.
Simple and satisfying.  In a larger room, I would move back to larger
speakers, subs, and probably RCS.