In the field of particle physics there are many indeterminates.
Quarks, leptons, mesons and other subatomic particles influence our
lives but measuring them or even determining where they are at a given
moment is very difficult if not impossible. Most likely these minute
pieces of matter have an influence on the way a loudspeaker produces
sound as well as the way we hear. Therefore the relatively crude
measurements we use in measuring speaker performance do not come close
to predicting what a given person will actually hear.

--
rajacat