95bcwh;142702 Wrote:
> A pointless thread, all begins with people thrashing things that they
> have never listened to, imposing their own egoistic viewpoint, their
> self-perceived sense of superiority and expect the rest of the world to
> follow.

Well for my part, I hope I contributed sound reasoning for why I think
many mods are invalid and probably detrimental. Add-ons like Bybee
filters are based on improper understandings of the physics in
conducting signals and attempt to sell products based on rhetoric
rather than evidence. Other mods do have value, things are made to a
price point, quite often they can be improved with more money
available.

95bcwh;142702 Wrote:
> If lower noise, good measurement, are the ONLY "truth" to good sound,
> why are we still using tubes today? Why there're still people buying
> vinyls? Ok, granted, I know the answer, we're all stupid people with
> bad ears !! :)

You make a big assumption there that vinyl replay systems and tube
amplifiers aren't as accurate as digital alternatives, and that people
choose them because they have defective hearing.

Tube amps do have sonic characteristics that make that attractive to
many listeners, but there are plenty of tube amps that are just as
accurate as a solid state equivalent. It depends on the engineering.

Also, they are often more visually attractive and appeal to many people
who like craftsmanship and mechanical devices. I would never get rid of
my Pink Triangle, it's a lovely piece of engineering and is reknowned
for its neutral presentation (backed up with measurements in the old
days :-) ). I'd also love a good tube amp, not least because the glow
and looks are appealing.

People buy things for a lot of reasons, but if you are selling
something as an improvement to a stock unit, you really ought to back
it up with evidence if you want to be taken seriously.

--
CardinalFang

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...