Amy Lynne;148774 Wrote:
> You know, the only reason I posted here was because I saw a bunch of
> people who'd obviously never seen something talking about something
> they didn't know about- I always promis myself not to get into stuff
> like this, but it's always tough for me to watch something really good
> get hit with sticks.  It's like saying "Yeah, I could date that chick"
> when you wouldn't even know how to talk to her.
>
> I'm actually a game progammer, my friends are all graphix pros and web
> designers.
>
> If something like this could exist in a pc, don't you think it probably
> would?  Don't you think they'd probably be much happier to make some
> software and not have to make boxes and have inventory and all that
> stuff?
>
> Have you guys seen that gimicky cover flipper in the new iTunes?  All
> that thing has to do is scroll and it can't really do it, let alone
> search all that data.
>
> I totally understand being doubtful about stuff, you have to be, right?
> We all do it, otherwise we'd be taking all that stuff the marketing
> guys shove at us all day.
>
> But trust me when I say that this is not Kool Aid, it's the real deal.
> Come on guys, have a little love and wait to see for yourselves what
> it's about.

But it -IS- a PC! People are already doing this with thier PC's all
over the world. Can't you see? It's a PC (some form of Linux) with a
fancy frontend/skin for a media player. There is nothing innovative
about this. You could make a full screen skin for Winamp to do that.
I'm not saying it's not good, but its vasty (and i mean MASSIVELY
VASTLY) overpriced and over hyped.

You can stick a sail on top of a car and tripple the price, but it's
still just a car!

--
autopilot

*SlimServer Version:* 6.5 - Windows XP.
*Amp:* Cambridge Audio 640a (living room) / Denon MD30 (bedroom).
*Speakers:* Mission 701's (living room) / Kef Cresta 1's (bedroom).
*Remote:* T-Mobile MDA Vario / Sony PSP / Cambridge Audio Explorer
(IR).
*Clients:* 1 Squeezebox3 + Softsqueeze.