I spent a fair amount of time playing with the Sooloos at CEDIA and
talking with the developers.

First: Its not just a standard PC with a nice UI.  They did a fair
amount of their own custom hardware as well as database work.

Second: Its blazingly fast.  The response time is much much better than
any Windows/Linux media server I saw at CEDIA.

Third:  It has some interesting features that I don't think are done
elsewhere, like simultaneously ripping to multiple lossless formats,
for example.  The UI has a lot of depth to it as well.

No I don't work for SooLoos.

Is it worth 12k? Maybe not to you or me, but to some it will be.
Also, you have to realize that they spent 6 years developing this
system without any outside investment.  They have to price it at a
level that they believe will allow them to recoup that investment.
They are not competing with SlimDevices etc.  They are instead
competing with folks like Kaleidescape but oriented to 2 channel.  Is
the Kaleidescape system worth 25k?

And I don't own any $1k cables (and never would).

BlueBlast

--
BlueBlast