I briefly saw the Sooloos stand at CEDIA but didn't really have the time
for a demo. However it did make me feel good that there's a growing
number of folks coming into this segment. Commercially, it validates us
in feeling that a growing number of people want their music 'on-demand'
in various parts of their home.

Also as different companies come to market with products that have a
new 'angle' on delivering music around the home, it allows us and our
community to look back at our own products with fresh eyes. We
obviously can't please all of the people all of the time, but through
our choice of open architecture we can try to absorb the best the
market has to offer.

All of these market and internal factors MAY give us some glimpse in
the reasons for Logitech acquiring us and entering this sector. They
certainly are looking to make a bunch of money by entering a growing
market with the best tools and products available (he said modestly).
But the thing most folks seem to forget is that Slim Devices were
always going to do the same thing . . . just with less resources and
money.

I have to make it clear that these opinions are very much my own, I
certainly don't know the thinking behind the deal, etc. However many
factors are changing the way we consumer media and I personally think
Logitech has a smart approach to getting involved in that. Sooloos and
many of the other 'newcomers' are almost certainly looking for
corporate sugar-daddies to both support their current products and to
widen their product ranges enabling them to enter more homes. I just
think we are ahead of the game, both in terms of our current products
and their underlying architecture.

--
Jez

Jez Hildred