Well, that's the problem, isn't it?  When we start making judgements
about other people based on their points of view?  Sure, the
"objectivist" -- I certainly lean in that correction and absolutely
believe in double-blind tests -- can get loud; however, the
"subjectivist" crowd -- and I'm a bit of that, too -- can get equally
defensive and rude.  This very post is an invitation to anger and could
be construed as insulting.

The thing is, this community is actually quite small.  Look at the
threads -- how many new faces do you see?  Perhaps it would be a a good
idea to start a thread that goes like this:

1.  I am so-and-so (moniker, real name, initials, whatever); this is
how long I've been into the hobby; this is some of my stuff; this is
how I came to choose it; this is my basic philosophy about audio.

2. No one -- NO ONE -- replies to that post in a negative way, no
matter how much you disagree with that individual.

The point would be to have general introduction session, rather than
getting to know each other by way of exchanged barbs.  Everyone would
be invited to write about themselves without potentially insulting
reference (see above) to other people.

Any, this is just an idea to clear the air.  How many people are
involved in these threads?  A dozen?  Twenty, at most?  That's not a
lot of us and I reckon that, in person, we would be much more polite.
Therefore, getting to know each other in a more personal way could be
helpful.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.