ezkcdude;175069 Wrote:
> I was just reading Wes Phillips' review of the Simaudio Moon Evolution
> CD player/DAC (now on the website). It appears Wes is now using the SB3
> as his main digital source, and he fed the SPDIF into the Evolution,
> which he said improved the sound a ton. What is interesting is that he
> didn't say whether the Evolution sounded better via the SB3 or directly
> as a CD transport. I would assume if there were a significant
> difference, it would have been noted. He also seemed to prefer the
> Evolution to the Ayre (his reference), albeit very slightly.

I read Mr.Philips' review. He doesn't say the SB3 is his main digital
source, and I won't assume he didn't comment of the SB3 verses the
Evolution's CD transport because there weren't significant differences.
He lists the Ayre C5 as his main digital source.  The SB3 isn't listed
in his Associated Equipment.

--
jhm731