opaqueice;176229 Wrote:
> Why would they do otherwise?  Because it would actually make the
> magazine useful for something.
>
> When you're in the market for a new product, it's obviously very useful
> to have objective comparisons between products.  Consumer reports, for
> example, is good for that, as are (in some cases) consumer websites
> like epinions.  Stereophile doesn't serve that purpose at all - since
> all the reviews are positive, you have no way of distinguishing between
> the products they've already reviewed (all good) or the ones they
> haven't (bad?  just not reviewed yet?  who knows?).
>
> It's ridiculous to think that they only review good products - how can
> they know that in advance?  They must have truly amazing judgement to
> only ever choose quality products.  If you want to learn something
> about their judgement and integrity, read up on the Carver-Stereophile
> lawsuit - it's pretty instructive (see for example
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carver#Controversy).

Where are all you guys coming up with this 100% positive review stat?
It just is not true.
You are all asking for factual statements from this magazine yet you
detractors cannot prove your own "facts".
Bit ironic don't you think!

Like I said, i am not in love with Stereophile...far from it.
But they do some good stuff and I do not have a problem reading
positive stuff!

And they are not Consumer Reports BTW...nor do they try to be.
Funny sice CR got so nailed recently for false reporting!!!!!

--
mauidj

Oracle Delphi/SME IV/Dynavector, SB3, Krell EVO-555, Krell EVO-202,
Krell EVO-402, B&W 801-Matrix3. Music all the way!