Phil Leigh Wrote:

> Not wishing to cloud the issue but what (I think) PF and I are hearing
> is the wall wart "doing something" to our TACT gear rather than
> anything to do with the SB itself.

I don't think your comment clouds the issue - that possibility remains.
But once again, if the problem is EM interference from the switch mode
PSU it should be much *more* audible without music playing or with a
silent track.

The TacT does some DSP.  That's very unlikely to be affected by this
level of EMI (otherwise your computer would crash when you plug in the
PS for the SB).  So the only culprit could be jitter induced by the
EMI, or noise added to the analogue stage.  Both are possible - Sean's
measurements show that this doesn't happen with the SB, but it could
with the TacT.  However both are caused by the same effect - EMI making
circuits noisy - and I see no reason why that would be audible in
increased jitter but not as an increased noise floor.  On the contrary
it should be much easier to hear in the noise.  But who knows - these
are very complex systems.

--
opaqueice