Well, I disagree.  I'll give one more example which might be
instructive, and this will be my last comment on the subject.

Suppose there's a component of EM noise at 100Hz.  Imagine adding that

a) to the digital signal before the DAC

b) to the analogue signal after the DAC.

Is there a difference?  Yes - in case a) a 1kHz test tone will have
sidebands at 900 and 1100KHz, as well as a component at 100.  In case
b) the effect will be only to add a component at 100Hz.  My point is
that both a) and b) will be present if the source of the noise is EMI,
but case b) will be much easier to hear (all else being equal) because
you can amplify it without any "background" (that is, music!).

The only loophole I can see here is if the interference is for some
reason much stronger in the digital signal than in the analogue stage.

--
opaqueice