jeffmeh;179144 Wrote:

> I fail to see how the quote you reference displays a general
> misunderstanding of DBT limitations, as the poster is merely stating
> that verifying that someone can hear a difference through DBT proves
> that the change is audible, rather than psychological.  If I read your
> post correctly, you say that that, and only that, is what DBT can do
> effectively.

Read this section carefully:

> But blind testing is actually a lot more useful than a voltmeter,
> because it tells us what we really want to know - whether we can hear a
> difference.

Blind testing does not tell us whether or not we hear a difference. Our
ears tell us that.  Blind testing helps interpret a difference that we
hear.  Any yes, I'm saying that the entire point of DBT is to help
interpret a positive result.  Beyond that, there's no reason at all to
do one. This point is very often lost.

--
hirsch