opaqueice;179825 Wrote:
> How do you know if the difference you perceive is due to hearing an
> actual difference, such as the one you measured, or to some other
> factor, such as psychology?  Answer: you do a blind test, because
> that's the only way to remove bias.  I really don't see what's hard to
> understand about that.
>
> As for your other comment, if you read my post you'll see I was
> comparing a measurement made with an instrument to a test involving
> hearing, and pointing out that hearing tests are in some ways more
> interesting; in particular, they reveal what we are capable of hearing,
> not what some instrument is capable of measuring.
>
> And I don't know why you keep belaboring the point that blind tests are
> only useful for interpreting positive results.  It's obvious that a
> blind test isn't going to be very interesting if the listener doesn't
> think they can hear a difference.

1. You seem to have forgotten the heading for this thread.

2. You seem to think negative results have significance. So you don't
seem to understand what "not insteresting" means in this context.

3. Thans for continiously underlining the need for a DBT-nagging free
zone.

--
P Floding

No, I didn't ABX it. And I won't even if you ask me. (Especially not if
you ask me.)