cliveb;183913 Wrote:
> But this thread is all about whether there is a flaw in the DIGITAL side
> of CD replay, and in this domain it is debatable whether the lengths
> that the likes of Accuphase (and other "super-fi" manufacturers) go to
> is necessary.

Good point and thanks for setting me straight. This is actually the
assumption I started with as well, but got caught up in playing devil's
advocate. I was never trying to say HDD audio is superior, only equal
and more convenient (you've helped me understand this before WRT the
steve nugent docs IIRC).

Getting the info from disc->disk is not the hard part, it's the
questionable part.

A good test might (?) be feeding I2S into the Sb from a Pro2M or other
decent transport, preferably in the same box, then doing jitter
measurements at the DAC to compare with streamed audio.

John Swenson was working on something similar, so perhaps he can
comment.

--
Skunk