325xi;183956 Wrote:
> So we basically agreed :)

> BTW, system using SB as a source is computer based, I don't know why do
> you consider SB as The Third Way. Music is streamed from hard drive, and
> SB is just a remote SPDIF interface module.

Which to me makes the SB part of the audio world, but it's just a
matter of which side of the fence you're observing things from. Because
then, by the same logic, half my CD player is part of the computer based
world... Let's just agree that things like the SB represent a wonderful
blur of the two worlds, which seemed irreconciliable before the SB
arrived, it seemed.

The idea has huge potential, it's a huge step in truly revolutionizing
high end audio as we've known it for ages. In fact, the current
landscape is a bit disporienting as a moderate audiophile. When I look
at my chain and consider new loudspeakers, I am starting to think what
the requirements will be 5 years down the line to make it worth the
investment... and the truth is I don't know, so I am likely to stay put
for now (unless I win the lottery).

--
pablolie