seanadams;184669 Wrote:
> Absolutely 100% wrong.
>
> The _TIMING_ information which is carried by s/pdif is an analog signal
> in the truest sense, not just "on the wire" but from end to end. Are you
> really questioning that?

Biphase Mark Coding is encoding for *digital* data. Frequency of the
clock is twice the frequency of the original signal, but the data is
digital. The result is that at the physical level it's npt about 0 and
1, but about even simpler polarity changes, which makes data *and*
clock easier to recover.

Truly don't know what we're arguing about here? Are you claiming
digital data transported via SPDIF is prone to bit errors? Are we back
to the jitter issue, which you labeled immaterial yourself? Or are you
saying that signal integrity is just as critical for purity in the pure
analog as it is in the digital domain, as the person I was countering
seemed to maintain?

--
pablolie