Hi Skunk,

Some good stuff there. Having read the links it makes a lot more sense,
but I am far from expert in such matters!

First, my comment about no internal SuperReg was based only on the fact
that I don't want to rehouse the SB3. If I can make one fit, ofcourse
that would then be the favourite option.  Otherwise I can locate one
outside the box, but very near.

Sean seems to be saying that the pecking order for SuperReg treatment
should be DAC:5Vcc, then OpAmp 9V, then DAC3.3Vdd.  For me (OpAmp
removed) this suggests that inserting a SuperReg into the 5Vcc line
will give me most of the available benefits.

However, if I use an external SuperReg to give 5Vcc, it would make
sense to also derive the 3.3Vdd as per the app note and power the DAC
completely off-board.

Sounds relatively straightforward. Just depends on where to attack the
Dac supplies.  Also, would need to think about pickup with extended
supply wires and make sure grounding is done properly (re: note).

--
parrydave

*modded squeezebox 3/arcam cd92t/arcam a85/arcam avr300
dynaudio contour 1.3mkii/dynaudio focus 200c/mk k-4/rel q150
pioneer pdp-507xd/sky+/harmony 525*