johann;192001 Wrote:
> Without installation of other software, I don't see how it would
> possibly bypass kmixer and other limits as long as you run any kind of
> Windows else than Vista.

They claim it bypasses kmixer on their website on other OS part from
Vista, although it might be that it holds true if you have the volume
set to maximum only.

The main reason I'm not hitting the buy button right now for this is
remote capability. I do like the idea of being able to see the album
art from across the room on my laptop, which I could do with iTunes,
but also being able to change song without getting up has become quite
important to me.

I guess part of it is also that that I have gotten tired of the Slim
Web Interface and lack of graphical remote. I have written my own Java
interface that runs on the laptop so that I can see album art, but if I
have to have a laptop to get a decent GUI remote screen for SlimServer,
then I think that I might as well dispense with the Slim part and
stream direct from the laptop.

--
CardinalFang