mswlogo;197341 Wrote:
> My preamp is considered very high end by some Meridian 861 (which has a
> switching power supply), my speakers are are also considered very high
> end by some Meridian DSP 5500's (each with there own swicthing power
> supply), and in total I probably have about 12 other switching power
> supplies. I'm not about to hack these components apart to remove the
> switching power supplies. I trust the company that built them knew what
> they were doing and designed the circuits to properly handle any high
> frequency switching.
>
> This same company puts triple buffers to reduce jitter. But they admit
> you can never get rid of all jitter. It's best resolved at the source.

FYI1-Others have upgraded the SMPS units in their Meridians with PSUs
from Mauimods.com and have experienced a big improvements, but you
obviously have a closed mind and blind faith.

FYI2- Meridan uses SMPS units because they're cheap and conform with
European power supply directives, but that doesn't mean they can't be
improved.

FYI3- power supply noise is the biggest cause of jitter in digital
circuits.

Happy listening.

--
jhm731