cliveb;201787 Wrote:
> I have no idea about how the Nait 5 is grounded, so the following is
> speculation. Given that the Nait 5 is an amp, I'd expect it to be
> grounded at the mains. Meanwhile, the Squeezebox has a floating ground.
> In theory, the Squeezebox's ground plane should be tied to the Naim's
> via the screen of the RCA interconnect, and all should be well. But if
> for some peculiar reason the Naim's mains ground isn't directly
> connected to the screen on its inputs, then that won't happen.
>
> As an experiment, try the effect of hooking up the Squeezebox's ground
> plane to the Naim's mains ground.

Thanks for the response.  Here is a bit more information.

The Nait 5 is an integrated pre-amp/amplifier.  It has a three pronged
power cord, i.e., it is grounded.  The Nait 5 inputs are the five-pin
"DIN" style.  As a result the cord that connects the Nait to the
Squeezebox has a DIN connector for the Nait 5 and, on the other end, it
has RCA jacks which connect to the Squeezebox.  Being technically inept,
I'm not sure what you mean by "hooking up the Squeezebox's ground plane
to the Naim's mains ground."

--
Ned Ludd