results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

iPhone;243249 Wrote:
> ... Could you compare the CI gear to other gear so that I might get an
> idea of how it sounds ...
Well, I think the best thing I could say about CIAudio gear is it is
just very "neutral".  Their goal is to not add coloration but to just
present the music as the artists intended.  It is very well made,
especially considering the relatively "affordable" prices, and Dusty
(owner of CIAudio) is really a nice guy and easy to work with.  I was
amazed at the improvement the VDA-2/VAC-1 had over the analog outputs
of the Squeezebox, just night and day -- more detail, less congestion,
tight bass.  I recently compared the VDA-2/VAC-1 to the PS Audio DLIII
(which has received glowing reviews lately) and felt the VDA-2 was at
LEAST the DLIII's equal, maybe even superior to someone with more
"golden" ears than myself.  Just overall good stuff, I don't think you
can go wrong with CIAudio gear.

Here's a recent review of the PLC-1 and D-200's:
http://www.dagogo.com/ChannelIslands-PLC1-D200.htm

--
USAudio

SB3 > CIAudio VDA-2/VAC-1 > CIAudio PLC-1 > CIAudio D-200 > Revel
Concerta F12 + SVS SB12-Plus