Andrew B.;264594 Wrote:
> Chord and Bryston are popular amps in the mastering world. Not cheap.
> But having active speakers like the ATCs solves this drive problem and
> eliminates a source of distortion (the passive crossover).
>
> Andrew

My opinion: Another benefit of active speakers are improved dynamics,
there are no passive components between the amp and the speaker and
that also clearly improve the dynamics... Improvement dependent on the
complexity of the filter, ref the extremely complex filters in some B&W
models, that "steal" power and dynamics....

-Harald N

--
haraldo

Suse Linux -> SB3 -> Benchmark DAC1 -> Krell KAV400xi -> Meadowlark
Kestrel2