[cold-induced rant]

I think part of the problem here is some slightly unfortunate choices
of language.

For example, the OP used the word "limitations" implying that the MW is
absolutely better that the inherently flawed original TP output stage.
It isn't - it's just different. Valves aren't "better" than transistors
- they are just different. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But can
we please have a moratorium on the unqualified use of the word "better"?
No-one can define better in this context.

"Preferable to me" is OK!...as is "different". You can say what you
like, but you cannot say it's better/more accurate/more realistic than
what I like. It's all an illusion - you use yours and I'll use mine.

Later we get the use of the word "fake"...this is simply wrong.

All analogue audio stages impart their own character on a signal - be
it in terms of noise, freq response, dynamic response etc. IF you like
or dislike what they do then fine. However, you can't say one is "fake"
as if to imply that another may be natural or realistic. None of them
are.

Can't we discuss this stuff without confusing opinion with fact?
[/cold-induced rant]

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables