adamslim;267631 Wrote:
> Valves may not be intrinsically better than transistors, maybe, but I'm
> pretty sure transistors -sound- worse than valves ;)

I have to agree with Phil.  That kind of blanket statement isn't very
useful.

First of all, I'm sure you'd agree it's not always true - there are
plenty of tubed designed that sound like crap (I know, I've had some),
and plenty of SS designs that sound great.

Second, what sounds better is a matter of personal taste and a function
of the room, system, and mood of the listener, so (sans hard data at
least) all you can ever talk about is what -you- prefer.

Third, I could mention all the blind test results in which
self-professed tube lovers and audio journalists and experts failed to
differentiate between good tube designs and SS...  but no need to go
there.

--
opaqueice